We’re delighted to announce that we’ve been able to support Common Growth in their plans for running some food growing workshops! The details of which are now finalised, so read on…
The workshops will cover a variety of topics – some specifically aimed at kids, and others for the novice or budding gardener – you’ll be amazed at what can be achieved in even the smallest growing space! The best part of all is that they are very affordable price – so we really hope you’re inspired to get involved!
The first few workshops are as follows. If you would like to attend any of them then please send an email to the Common Growth Team : firstname.lastname@example.org giving the name of attendees.
Growing fruit in containers Saturday 23rd March 10:30am – 12:30pm
- How to grow fruit in containers
- Things to consider such as site, root stocks, container size
- Pollinators, pruning and maintenance
- Practical activity: planting of canes and trees
Kids workshop! Growing vegetables in a sq foot garden Wednesday 3rd April 10:30am – 12pm
- Fun quiz/activity about growing vegetables
- Grow different vegetables together in a square foot garden
- Interactive storytelling
- Learn and sing together
Suitable for children of all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Get sowing and growing Saturday 13 April 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Propagation by sowing seed, and conditions required
- Benefits and problems with growing in greenhouse/indoors as opposed to direct sowing
- Practical activity: seed sowing in pots, trays and modules, pricking out and potting on
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
All courses are FREE but we ask for a £3 donation to help cover the cost of materials.
Latest posts by David Wild (see all)
- The New Trend of Rattan Furniture is Hitting the UK Summer 2018 - 20th January 2019
- How to Grow Your Own Vegetables in the UK Climate - 26th June 2018
- Another Marmalade Monday for New Cross, 7pm at 178 Cafe New Cross Road - 25th January 2018